okay, top 10 list of what i consider, in my (warped) opinion, the best short stories i’ve read to date. when i say best i mean memorable. on this particular day and in no particular order.
- “Emergency” by Dennis Johnson
- “Paper Lantern” by Stuart Dybek
- “Pounding their Shadows” by Anthony De Sa
- “Swimming in Zanzibar” by Krista Foss
- “Easy Living” by Jesus Hardwell
- “Floating like the Dead” by Yasuko Thanh
- “Why Don’t You Dance?” by Raymond Carver
- “Men Shoot Things to Kill Them” by Rebecca Barry
- “Bolt” by Russell Wangersky
- “The Animals of the Budapest Zoo, 1944-45” by Tamas Dobozy
what are your favourites, on this fine day?