time for a list.
top 10 books that carry weight in my adult(ish) mind.
a list on this particular day, for no particular reason, in no particular order:
- OFFSHORE by Penelope Fitzgerald
- TENDER IS THE NIGHT by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- BEAUTIFUL RUINS by Jess Walter
- AS I LAY DYING by William Faulkner
- WIDE SARGASSO SEA by Jean Rhys
- OLD FILTH by Jane Gardam
- JESUS’ SON by Denis Johnson
- THE REMAINS OF THE DAY by Kazuo Ishiguro
- THE QUIET AMERICAN by Graham Green
- FLOW: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
it occurs to me that i take a trip when i read. all these books are set in other places. that’s me. in another place.
how do you travel?